10 January 2009

FCD goes ABC Blog Hippity Hop!

So to all you faithful FCD followers here is my project for this months hop which is ABC (anything but a card)
I chose to do a cd disc cover to give to my daughter and hubby for Valentines Day with a homemade cd inside of course that has all our favorite songs. I like how it turned out and I hope you do as well. The stamp set I chose to use is from the set titled Happy Hour.
I used all stamping up paper incl, chocholate chip, pink and red. I stamped the larger flower 3 separate times on whisper white and used stamping up markers and blender pens to shade it. I used my white gel pen for the dots and the center of the smaller flowers, the stamping up scallop border punch and some leftover chocolate polka dot ribbon from michaels. This was a really simple project and I hope the two of them like it. As well as all of you!

Please head on over to LIBBY'S BLOG to see the creation for Valentines Day that she has come up with. Follow on from there and you will land back at Pams blog for your chance to win some "candy" just a hint...Its one of the new sets being released for January. I know you'll love them! Our own Marie Pavitt designed one of them and the other one I had a hand in developing with Pamela. Enjoy your day and the hop! Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

13 comments:

FireCracker082 said...

oh what a KOOL idea! I've created cd collections for my girls (they each have a cd filled with songs that have their names in it...that was FUN) but I never thought to decorate the CD CASE it's in!! Love it Sherri!

Libby Hickson said...

This turned out sooooo pretty, I love it! And what a super fun idea to make a mix cd for them - I bet they will love it!!

kc_froglady said...

this is really great! I love the play on words too the set you used Happy Hour and a CD which is generally an hour of play! Hope they like it - it is lovely!

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

This is very pretty. The only CD cases I have are what my unmounted stamps are in, but you've given me an idea.....

Stef H

Marie said...

Great Project!I really love the colors and what you did with the flowers. Great job!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is so pretty Sherri!! LOVE those flowers with the touches of glitter!! Fantastic CD idea!! I've been wanting to do one of these!! Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Ursula said...

What a great idea, Sherri! I love how it's so personlaized - both inside & out! The flowers are awesome! Great job!

NancyS said...

How thoughtful of you to personalize this. Beautiful work. TFS.

StampinCathy said...

What a fun project. I just love the colors and the layout.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. Love the scallops and sparkles!
Chriss Blagrave

Diane said...

Very pretty, love the colors and the "sparkle"! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful and what a wonderfully personal gift. They will surely love it.

Cheryl said...

Sherri this is a wonderful gift! Love those colors.